4 new features brought by iOS 15 on devices. Apple’s updates for iOS 15, iPad OS 15, and WatchOS 8 arrive on September 20, days before the iPhone 13 gets the update. The latest version of iOS adds new features for FaceTime and Messages, smarter notifications, and a new LiveText feature.
Apple iOS 15 Update
With the update, iPhone and iPad owners can take advantage of FaceTime enhancements, including adding surround sound and noise reduction features to remove distracting background sounds, the updated Messages app adds a new “share with you” feature that makes it easy to keep track of your photos, music and news articles shared in a messaging with a special section for shared content.
Apple is also changing its notifications, with new tools to control how and when you receive push alerts. The new Focus modes allow you to turn off all alerts except apps and people you want to hear from, and you can set up special profiles for work, sleep, and other activities. These profiles can also change the schedule of apps on your home screen based on the apps you are most likely to use during the day.
One of the more intriguing features of iOS 15 is Live Text, which uses a camera to scan your environment and bring out relevant information. For example, if you point it at a whiteboard, you could extract written text to share. It could also identify art, landmarks, plants, and pets.
iOS 15 Compatible Devices
The following Apple devices will be able to support iOS 15:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (original model)
- iPod Touch (seventh-generation)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
How to get iOS 15
- Go to the Apple Beta Software Program website and click Sign up or Sign in.
- Accept the agreement by clicking on the ‘Accept’ button.
- On your iPhone, open Safari and go to beta.apple.com/profile, sign into the same Apple account and download and install the profile.
- Go to Settings > General > Profile, tap on iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 Beta Software Program and tap Install.
- When prompted, restart your iPhone.
- Now open Settings > General > Software Update and the Public Beta should appear.
- Tap Download and Install.
Apple iOS 15 Release Date
Apple iOS 15 Release Date and 4 new features will be available on September 20th, 2021.