Square Enix has announced that their popular MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV will be back on sale soon, in parallel with the opening of new servers.
Last month, Square Enix decided suspend sales popular MMO title Final Fantasy XIV. Their reason was that too many players were interested in playing after the arrival of the Endwalker expansion, and the servers were overloaded, resulting in long waits and general player dissatisfaction.
Neither the main game nor its expansions have been available for a full month. But Square Enix is now announcing that everything will return to normal soon. As of the January 25th the game will be put back on sale, i.e. it will accept new players. On the same day, a new data center with servers for the Oceania region opens.
Opening new servers should relieve the existing ones a bit, but that in itself will not be enough if the game continues to grow due to status of currently the most popular MMORPG on the market. Square Enix therefore says that they are working on further expanding the existing server capacity. By the summer of this year, there will be expanded servers in Japan, and by the summer of 2023, servers for the European and U.S. regions.
Final Fantasy XIV cost
The price for Final Fantasy XIV video game is $39.99.
Final Fantasy 14 minimum system requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™i5 2.4GHz or higher
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1280 x 720: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX750 or higher, AMD Radeon™ R7 260X or higher
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 60 GB available space
- Sound Card: A sound card which supports DirectSound®
- Additional Notes: System Requirements may be subject to change. If you are using a router, please set up your ports so that the below packets can pass through. [Ports that may be used] TCP：80, 443, 54992～54994, 55006～55007, 55021～55040
MORE GAME NEWS: Hitman 3 Year 2 content has been officially unveiled