The Lord of the Rings TV Series Release Date
The “Lord of the Rings” series, which will be broadcast on Amazon’s streaming service “Prime Video”, will start on September 2, 2022. This was officially announced on the Twitter page of The Lord of the Rings on Prime, which the loyal fans of this adventure could hardly wait for.
According to an earlier announcement by the company, the series will deal with the story that precedes “The Fellowship of the Ring”, the first part of the famous trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien.
Warner reportedly negotiated with Netflix and HBO, but the rights eventually went to Amazon.
The most significant literary work of epic fiction is the trilogy “The Lord of the Rings” by J. R. R. Tolkien was adapted into films in early 2000. For the third part of “Return of the King”, director Peter Jackson was at the Oscars in 2003, when he won awards in all 11 categories in which he was nominated.
The Hollywood Reporter has reported that the budget is going to be at least $500 million to $1 billion, WOW!
And Yes J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay confirmed that “The Lord of the Rings” TV Series going to be filming in New Zealand again.
The show will be set in the Age of Númenor (or the Second Age). This is the 3,441 year period ahead of The Fellowship of the Ring.
The Lord of the Rings TV Series Cast
Amazon’s Lord of the Rings series officially announced its main cast.
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson (in Chicago Med TV Series)
- Maxim Baldry (in Years and Years, Doctor Who)
- Ian Blackburn
- Beau Cassidy
- Kip Chapman (in Top of the Lake)
- Anthony Crum
- Maxine Cunliffe
- Lloyd Owen as Loda
- Charles Edwards (in The Crown TV Series)
- Trystan Gravelle (in A Discovery of Witches TV Series)
- Will Fletcher
- Lenny Henry (in Doctor Who TV Series)
- Thusitha Jayasundera (in Humans TV Series)
- Fabian McCallum (in You, Me and the Apocalypse TV Mini Series)
- Simon Merrells
- Robert Aramayo (played Ned Stark in Game of Thrones)
- Markella Kavenagh (in True History of the Kelly Gang)
- Owain Arthur (in The Palace)
- Daniel Weyman
- Ismael Cruz Córdova (in The Mandalorian)
- Nazanin Boniadi (in Homeland)
- Ema Horvath
- Morfydd Clark (Crawl, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies)
- Joseph Mawle (Benjen Stark, a.k.a. Cold Hands in Game of Thrones)
- Tom Budge
Creators: Patrick McKay and John D. Payne. They’ve worked as writers on ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ and ‘Star Trek 4’.