Microsoft Windows 11 minimum hardware requirements for the upgrade or installation:
- 1GHz dual-core processor a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB of storage
- UEFI, Secure Boot capable, System firmware
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Bigger than 9in display diagonally with 720p resolution, 8 bits per color channel
- Microsoft account plus internet connection, to complete device setup on first use.
You can download Microsoft Windows 11 HERE.
Windows 11 System Requirements
As you may have noticed, you do not need a specific processor or TPM 2.0 chip to install the preview version. In a new blog post, Microsoft set out the reasons for this and boils down to Microsoft’s desire to get a better idea of which systems can run Windows 11. on all processor models, informing us of all the settings we should make in accordance with our minimum system requirements in the future.
Microsoft has said it has confidence in computers with eighth-generation Intel processors and AMD Zen 2 and will meet the security, reliability, and compatibility standards it plans to set with Windows 11. The company plans to pay close attention to those testing the OS on systems with seventh-generation Intel and AMD Zen 1 processors to determine if any of the models in those families meet its standards.
Windows 11 System Requirements Tool
Microsoft has also temporarily stopped offering PC health check tool. The windows 11 system requirements checker tool software was at the center of a major confusion that arose about whether a particular computer could run Windows 11 or not. Acknowledging this fact, Microsoft said the application is not fully prepared to share the level of detail or accuracy you expected from us. The company plans to address the flaws of the app before re-publishing later this year, ahead of the general availability of Windows 11, in the fall.
Learn more about Windows 11 HERE.