After the Mavic 2 series in 2018, DJI, a company known for its drones and stabilizers has now announced its successor – Mavic 3 with major upgrades and a complete redesign. This includes 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera, a camera with a 28k hybrid zoom, multi-directional obstacle sensors with a maximum range of 200 meters and redesigned batteries for up to 46 minutes of flight.
The DJI Mavic 3 supports 5.1K video at 50 frames per second, 4K / 120fps, and the Mavic 3 Cine edition offers Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding with an internal 1TB SSD. Both support a microSD card with a capacity of up to 2 TB.
DJI Mavic 3 Drone specs
It has a custom L2D-20c aerial camera with 4/3 CMOS sensor with 24mm main lens, 20 MP photos in 12-bit RAV format. There is an original dynamic range of 12.8, an adjustable aperture of f / 2.8-f / 11. 12.5 grams, and the basic lens with an autofocus equivalent to 24 mm has 84 ° FOV.
There is another 162mm telephoto lens with a 28k hybrid zoom (digital + optical) and an aperture of f / 4.4. New autofocus technology for vision detection offers fast focusing and multiple vision sensors can capture distance data to optimize focusing speed. It has a unique Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS), a 10-bit D-Log color profile, which offers natural color gradations and advanced flexibility in post-production.
It has improved obstacle detection and navigation systems with APAS 5.0 that combines inputs from six fisheye sensors and two wide-angle sensors, which seamlessly and continuously sense obstacles in all directions and plan safe flight routes to avoid them – even in complicated environments.
The obstacle detection system in all directions also allows for more intuitive subject tracking, with an upgraded ActiveTrack 5.0 that allows users to feel obstacles even in normal mode. It allows the Mavic 3 to move with the subject as it moves forward, backward, left, right and diagonally, and flies past as well as around the moving subject.
In addition, if the subject moves too fast and temporarily leaves the frame, the visual sensors in the aircraft will continue to monitor and intelligently frame the object and pick it up again when it appears.
The Mavic 3 comes with GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou for powerful positioning accuracy and an algorithm that improves signal-based hovering accuracy so that the ability to float in the air is smaller and more stable when shooting long exposures and time intervals.
There is geofencing to warn drone pilots when flying near sensitive locations, altitude restrictions to ensure pilots are aware of altitude restrictions, and an AeroScope Remote ID system that allows authorities to identify and monitor drones in the air at sensitive locations. The AirSense system alerts drone pilots to nearby planes and helicopters that emit ADS-B signals so they can move quickly to a safer location.
DJI Mavic 3 Mavic 3 Cine features and specifications
- 20MP Hasselblad, 4/3 CMOS sensor with 84 ° FOV, f / 2.8 to f / 11 aperture
- 12MP 1/2-inch CMOS sensor with 15 ° FOV, f / 4.4 FOV, 28k hybrid zoom (digital + optical)
- 5.1K @ up to 50 fps, DCI 4K @ up to 120 fps, MP4 / MOV (MPEG-4 AVC / H.264, HEVC / H.265, Cine supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ):
- 8 GB of built-in memory in Mavic 3, 1TB SSD in Mavic 3 Cine, supports SDKSC or UHS-I microSD card with a capacity of up to 2 TB,
- Top speed: 19 m / s (30 km / s) in sports mode
- 3-axis motorized (tilt, roll, pan),
- Binocular vision system in all directions, supplemented by an infrared sensor at the bottom of the aircraft
- GPS + Galileo + BeiDou
- Dimensions: Assembled (without propeller) 221 × 96.3 × 90.3 mm;
- Disassembled (without propeller) 347.5 × 283 × 107.7 mm;
- Weight: 895g (Mavic 3); 899 g (Mavic 3 Cine)
- 5000 mAh battery with up to 46 minutes of flight (no wind)
DJI Mavic 3 Drone Price
DJI Mavic 3 costs $2,199,
DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo sells for $2,999 and includes additional intelligent flying batteries, additional propellers etc.
DJI Mavic 3 Cine price $4,999 and has 1 TB of storage, an additional DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed data cable etc.
DJI Mavic 3 Drone Release date
DJI Mavic 3 release date was Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021. Both are already on sale at DJI.com.